Monday, February 20, 2012

Quadcopter update- Almost done

I finally got the long awaited motors and speed controllers in the mail along with my propellers. I spent the whole morning assembling the quadcopter only to find it just didn't work. Nothing when you plugged in the battery. After a few more tries, and some testing with an external BEC I think that one of the ESCs has an internal short circuit, and the load from that causes the battery voltage to drop below the operating voltage of everything else so nothing turns on. I will work on fixing it in a few days when I am less frustrated. Other than that the build went well. Once I have all of the electronics working nicely I will work on tidying the spaghetti bowl of wires. Here are some pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment