Monday, July 4, 2011

My Micro SCT project

Today I had my Micro SCT taken apart to fix a stripped spur gear. I was looking through my car parts to find a new one and found a sheet of 0.025" aluminum. I decided to make a new chassis out of it. I have gotten the drivetrain and both ends mounted. It is getting late, so I am going to resume work on it tomorrow. All I need to do now is make the top plate and mount the electronics. Here are some pics:

I started out by tracing the stock chassis outline onto the sheet of aluminum. Then I cut it out with  a pair of tinsnips.

Here is it mounted on the car. Between this and the last pic I sanded the burrs off and smoothed it out. Then I drilled holes on the front and rear to mount it onto the differential cases.

Here is the underside. I made the holes to mount it onto the rest of the car with a nail. By punching a hole through it with a nail it made the indent so that the screw would lie flat against the chassis so that they would not get ground down by hitting the ground.

I am going to keep working on it tomorrow and should have it finished by the end of the week. I am also planning on upgrading it to brushless this summer. More updates coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment